Adjust: assisting the felt experience
CSY: In Depth Training
An Event for Yoga Teachers
Join experienced teacher trainer Richard George for hands-on in depth exploration specifically for Yoga Teachers that inquires into the diverse realm of adjusting the human body in a yoga class environment.
So… what is an adjustment?
“A small alteration or movement made to achieve a desired result”
It’s like the marmite of the yoga arena – students either love it or would rather be left to their own practice. So where does this leave us as teachers? Through creative thinking and exploration we will address many ways in which adjustments can be woven into classes in safe and respectful ways. Not only of the tender tissues of the physical body but also paying deep respect to the students personal boundaries.
- Hands as tools for connection
- Touch as manual therapy
- Hands on adjustments for a whole spectrum of yoga asana
- An arena to discuss the complications of hands on adjustments
- The use of props to adjust asana
- Self adjustments and muscle memory
- Can students adjust themselves?
- New ways of thinking to explore healthier hands on adjustments to avoid injury
- Teachers adjusting themselves to what the students bring
Saturday September 22nd -12:30 – 4:30pm @ Yogasweat
£60 (£45 early bird if paid in full by 8th September)
CSY GRADUATES 10% DISCOUNT
To book your place please contact yogasweat:
T: 0121 643 7772
Suitable for Yoga Teachers Only.