Our in-depth programme will examine all aspects of yoga, from the physical practices of asana, pranayama, meditation and anatomy in its many layers and forms. There will also be an in depth study of the philosophy of yoga, the key Yogic Philosophical texts, and spiritual concepts made relevant to todays world.
We will focus on helping you how to teach in today’s contemporary culture. Covering everything from sequencing, adjustments, building confidence, vocal projection, and contemporary methods of promotion and social media.
The course will leave you with an understanding of how to teach many styles or forms of yoga, including Hatha, Vinyasa, Functional Movement, Hot Yoga, Yin and Restorative. Providing you with the knowledge to put together your own yoga sequences, and with confidence your own style.
Our training now consists of 5 ONLINE modules and 1 final IN-PERSON module, over 4 weekends. There is also an additional weekend for assessments and graduation at the end of the course.
Total hours: 300
Total ONLINE hours: 216 – (includes 36 Contact Hours)
Total CONTACT Teaching Hours: 120
Our ONLINE training courses mean that you can learn most of the content at your own pace, and spread the financial costs over a time period that suits you.
Successful completion of all 4 ONLINE FOUNDATION courses and THE BRIDGE are required to receive your teaching certificate.
YOGA Foundation – Roots of Yoga (24 hrs)
- The Yoga Sutras
- The History of Yoga
- The 8 limbs of Yoga
- Intro to Anatomy and Alignment
- Self Practice
- Energetics of Postures
- Stress and Relaxation
- Pranayama Practices and Breathing Journal
- Experiential Anatomy
- Exploring how the body moves
- Different ways of Understanding the Body
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Concept of Alignment
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
- Understanding the Concept of Power
- The body as Energy
- The body as Consciousness
- The philosophy of Yoga & Spirituality
- The Chakra System
- Preparing Sacred Space
- Advanced Pratyahara Techniques
- Intro to Shamanic Journeying
- Understanding ancient meditation methods
- Ritual and Ceremony
- Accessing Guidance and Intuitive Data
- Self Care
- The Hero’s Journey
- Nerves and Restoration
- Thoughts, Belief’s and Yoga Myths
- Tribal Breath
- Resistance, Load and Biomechanics
- Neuroception, Proprioception and Interoception
- Fascia and the Web of Relationship
- To Stretch or not to Stretch?
- The Hollow Bone
- Invisible Self/ Concept of Soul
- Pain Science
- Nature as Teacher
IN-PERSON TRAINING – TEACHING Yoga
This module is run over 4 intense weekends – Saturday & Sunday 9:30am – 6pm, and is where you learn to become confident standing up in front of a group and having hands on teaching experience, and delve deeper into the realities and practicalities of teaching yoga!
- Teaching Different Styles of Yoga (Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative)
- Intro to Pregnancy Yoga
- Adapting Yoga to suit all types and abilities
- Learning to Sequence
- Creating Lesson Plans and Courses
- How to be a Great Teacher
- Micro Teaching in Smaller Groups
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Teaching Philosophy
- Creating Themes
- Alignment and Adjustments
- Promotion and Marketing
- Yoga in Todays World
- Yoga as Evolution