Throughout the course the Senior Teacher, colleagues from your course and additional teachers from the teaching program will assess you honestly for the following;
- Micro teaching of Savasana/ Relaxation
- Delivery of a 30-minute online yoga class
- Written homework for online FOUNDATION COURSE
- Observation and write up of 3 yoga classes
- 3 in-depth asana studies
- Final Lesson plan
- Final 45-minute Teaching Practice
- You are required to attend at all sessions of the in-person teaching course, but special circumstances may be considered.
- Absence must be reported to the course tutor as soon as possible so alternative teaching methods can be arranged at an additional charge.
- If you do miss sessions you will be given additional assignments, (either written or recorded), to be completed before the final assessment weekend. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for this.
- A minimum of 90% attendance is required gain your Teaching certificate
The emphasis of this course is to make you confident in communicating, observing, assessing and evaluating – these are all essential qualities needed to become an amazing teacher!
The assessments will be on going throughout the course, so as if the need for extra guidance or tuition arises then we can arrange this with your course tutor or other mentor. We want to assure you that we will do our best to help you become confident in teaching before your final assessment.
All assignments must be completed before the final graduation weekend.. Certificates will only be issued to those successfully completing all assessment criteria.
*Additional assessments can be arranged with the course tutor within 2 months of the training end date at an additional cost if agreed before. This has not happened yet, but we don’t want you to feel pressured. We are here for you.
Throughout the course homework will be additional reading, listening or watching – in preparation for the following session. All homework will require the student being self-motivated. During the in-person training you will be required to prepare a complete teaching plan to support your final teaching assessment.
We reserve the right to refuse or take the place of a student who has not paid their fees as agreed, and certificates will only be issued to those who have no further payments outstanding.
We believe our Teacher Training Program exceeds the exceptional high standards set by most accrediting Yoga Alliances. Graduates from our course are trained to be confident in teaching multiple styles of yoga at a foundation level with safety, care and regard for all students. Our certificate is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, and recognised by all major establishments with the UK and worldwide, and is a requirement for you to be fully insured to teach.